Speed testing...Sniper Deemer

Speed testing...Sniper Deemer

New postby MEAT » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm

A lot of you know that I run a sniper-like missile on my server...much like hookie does on his server.
A very fast straight forward type missile...nothing fancy just fast.
And lately, among being called a sprayer, I am now being told (again) that my missiles fly faster then everyone elses.
Hmm...okay, not sure how that would work or how to build such a mod being that I am an idiot when it comes to stuff like that.

Anyway...after three "speed tests" on four different maps with six different people it appears that my missiles are in fact the same
speed as everyone elses. Not faster...same speed.

Now...the only explanation I have for some of you thinking my missile is faster are:
...My kills are mostly close range compared to most of you.
...My reaction to the situation and my reflexes are probably a lot faster then yours
mainly because I have logged more hours playing this silly game then most of you.

So that being said...if anyone wants to compare missiles...lets do it.
And for those of you that have tested with me...thanks and now get over it.

*Speed Test*
Firing at the same time at an object/building at a predetermined distance.
MEAT

Re: Speed testing...Sniper Deemer

New postby Big Gunz » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:53 pm

I'd like to take on that challenge on someday. In fact, with no disrespect to you Meatser, I've been shot at by everyone at MRS, and my observation is the same... Yours and Umo, missles seems to come at me more quickly.
Could it be something in the user.ini or ut.ini files setup in a way that makes the missles seem faster? I don't know.

Lately, I've added some changes in my .ini files to make the death-crosses glow, and some of the bots as well (hope that doesn't consitute a cheat?!). The changes in the .ini files also made for better video and audio. I suppose in theory, you could tweak the files to make the missles move faster.

Or maybe it's just like the Matrix.... there is no spoon.

BG
Big Gunz

Re: Speed testing...Sniper Deemer

New postby MEAT » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:57 pm

It as taken a number of years but a lot of players, Cat especially, are finally catching on...(on to what I have been preaching for the last 9 years) on how to play this particular version of Redeemer.
In particular...firing/killing at close range. Obviously when you fire in close vicinity the person receiving has less time to react...which may make it seem like the missile is traveling faster.
Other than that I am not aware of any "adjusting" one could do with his or her user.ini files. But I guess anything is possible...

*BG...hit me up the next time we are in game and we'll do a speed test.
MEAT

Return to Mods & Mutators