Popping in and updating some information

Popping in and updating some information

New postby Terraniux » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:01 am

Been a while since I posted here, thought it would be time again.

Some info:

The CU project is no more. Tried to boot the project several times, but it just won't run. Pulling the plug out.
But, all downloads and links will be kept on the legacy website. I had to face the fact, I can't combine, work, mapping, compiling, ''the daily living on your own'' and all other important things in life. All those things plus searching, checking, and providing new content everytime, just costs too much time. So CU is not over, but the original project is. From now on it will be a more personal website and a minor resource website. There are plenty of UT websites, and plenty of resources, collecting everything is an impossible mission on my own.

I've been always mainly been a mapper / UT content provider and I'd like to focus on that more from now on.

Mapping:

- Creating MH-AfterDark 2! Not sure when I'm going announce it. Progress is around 40%
- In the meantime I am pauzing AD-2 though . There is another map I'd like to bring out first.

Videos!

- Added 2 videos in the monsterhunt related forum.

Last but not least:

How is everyone, and what is everyone been up too! Any important UT news I've missed?
Terraniux

Re: Popping in and updating some information

New postby Fuzz_Ball » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Welcome back, Terraniux!
Yes, you had a lot of work on your hands.
It's understandable to lighten your load.
Hell, just running a server, hosting the game, several redirects AND a forum becomes tedious.
Many casual players think it doesn't take much effort but testing, research and learning takes time.
I hope you manage to finish AD2 eventually. Your maps are always fun, challenging, artful and free of errors!
Thanks for dropping in again and keep up the good work.
Fuzz_Ball

New postby Terraniux » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:10 am

Fuzz_Ball wrote:Welcome back, Terraniux!
Yes, you had a lot of work on your hands.
It's understandable to lighten your load.
Hell, just running a server, hosting the game, several redirects AND a forum becomes tedious.
Many casual players think it doesn't take much effort but testing, research and learning takes time.
I hope you manage to finish AD2 eventually. Your maps are always fun, challenging, artful and free of errors!
Thanks for dropping in again and keep up the good work.

Exactly. Yes Afterdark 2 will be surely released.
Thanks!
Terraniux

New postby Terraniux » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:58 am

The map I was hoping to release before, is being cancelled for it has nothing but errors. BSP keeps :sbox: :sbox: :sbox: .around
I'm not completely errorless :shrug: . Same thing happened to CM4 , and the pre-release of adventure night too. The editor forces me to make things twice it seems. First the bsp and basic layout. Editor is getting annoyed, shows bugs in map, wipe and start over with clean parts -- editor happy again. :alky:

Too bad, since this was about to be an DM map for the deemer servers, then conversed to MH gameplay. No worries, I will bring out that map!
I'll post some screens soon.

So instead I will make the MH map first. And then the DM map if things turn out well.
Terraniux

Return to Generally Useful Stuff